Rathbone Marine Engineering
specialises in Marine Diesel engines.
Rathbone Marine Engineering have top quality service and are specialists in marine transmissions and diesel engines. With helpful advice, pride in their work, and a commitment to their customers, they specialise in Marine Diesel Engine & Marine Transmission Repairs.
• Diesel Engine Repairs and maintenance
• Engine minor and major rebuilds
• Scheduled Maintenance
• Transmission diagnostics and rebuilds
• Mechanical and electronic diagnostics
• Refit Management
• Power Generation
• Vessel Repowers
• Vessel systems and inspections
• Exhaust systems and components
• Oil Analysis and Oil Sampling
• Fluid Sampling
• Fuel Polishing
• Bore scope inspections
• Detailed visual inspection of components
• Exhaust Temperature and Turbo Boost Analysis
• Compression testing
• Prop shaft repairs
• Bearing replacement
• Marine Engineering and Fitting
• Generator Repairs and Installation
• Heat Exchanger and Oil coolers
• uel Polishing and Tank Cleaning
• Racor Filter Reconditioning
• Marine Fuel Filter and Separator Servicing
• Welding, Fabrication and Machining
• Shipboard systems, design and consultation
• Water Treatment
• Water filtration
• Water Sampling• Water Pump Repairs
• UV water sterilizers
• Desalinator servicing
• Tank Cleaning
• Labour Hire
• Boat Charter
• Johnson and Jabsco Pumps
Some of the engines serviced include Cummins, Cat, MTU, GM, Yanmar, Iveco, Perkins, Volvo Penta and Scania.
Parts and Chandlery supply
We can supply Marine exhaust components, Engine protection equipment, Racor filters, Engine mounts, Marine engine and transmission components. We also provide Generator sales, repair and installations.
Marine diesel engine and marine transmission performance testing and inspection through multiple data inputs.
Detailed Visual inspection or internal inspection of marine diesel engine or marine transmission when required to establish wear rates of engine/transmission or components being inspected.
Hour meter readings, the load factor of the engine and the environment of the particular component play a important part in establishing the viability and ultimate performance of the Engine or transmission.
Oil Analysis, Bore scope inspection, Compression testing to further data of the component.
Measuring the exhaust temperature and boost pressure measurement against boat speed whilst sea trailing vessels.